Wizard101 Main Quest Line
This guide is meant to give you courage while questing. By following the quests in this guide, you can, for example, see exactly how many more collect and defeat (C&D) quests you still have before you can move on to the next area. I hope this guide will help you keep going, as you see the list of quests get shorter and shorter with every step you take.
I’m only listing the main quest line quests, aka storyline quests, which means the ones you have to do in order to get to the next area. Side quests are not mentioned. For each world, I list the quests you have to do in a certain area. The areas are listed in the order you should do them in (unless otherwise specified). The area is not always one hundred percent correct, as certain quests can require you to run back and forward between areas to talk to people. To simplify matters, I have not listed this kind of running; the quest will say “talk” but not where the NPC is located. Also, if there is only one quest in an area, I will not mention the area seperately. Between brackets are the different parts of the quest, as sometimes a quest will require you to do multiple things.
I have divided the quests in the Spiral into the following groups:
- Talk: Quests that require an interaction with an NPC.
- Mob: Quests that require the defeat of regular monsters.
- D&C: Quests that require the collection of something from certain monsters (Defeat and Collect).
- Boss: Quests that require the defeat of a boss. Elite monsters are not counted as bosses.
- Cheat: Quests the require the defeat of a cheating boss.
- Instance: Quests that require the completion of a dungeon.
- Puzzle: Quests that require the solution to a puzzle.
- Interact: Quests that require interaction with a certain object.
- Collect: Quests that require interaction with multiple items of a kind.
- Explore: Quests that just require you to run towards a certain area, NPC or item.
Warning: I made this with the help of the awesome Wizard101 Wiki, which doesn’t always list every single battle, because they’re not added in the quest description. I’ve gone and checked places where I was pretty sure there were additional mob fights (like in Big Ben), but there are other ones missing. Next time I quest from zero to hero, I will update this guide.
Marleybone Main Quest Line
My favorite quest (Stop that Cat!) is the one where you chase Meowiarty as he runs away and summons mobs to slow you down. It feels so real and I love how the “quest completed” sound keeps coming over and over again. Maybe I’m easily entertained!
The high point of Marleybone is Big Ben, which I have done approximately two million times. I love spilling the milk!
1. Sacrophagus Search (talk)
2. Not So Fast… (talk)
3. A Cat-tastrophy (talk)
4. Back Up for Bones (talk)
5. Garden Secret (mob + talk)
6. House Hunt (explore 3x + mob 3x + talk)
7. Springing the Snitch (boss + talk + talk)
8. The Right Tools (D&C + talk)
9. Open Says Me (talk + boss + talk + talk)
10. Out of Control (talk)
11. For Whom the Bell Tolls (explore + talk)
12. A Guide… (talk)
13. Keeper of Secrets (boss + talk)
14. The Only One Left (boss + talk)
15. Sweet Success (talk)
16. Password, Please! (explore + mob + talk + talk)
17. Collar Me Impressed (talk)
18. A Private Meeting (explore + talk 4x)
19. Ticket to the Ironworks (explore)
20. Internal Investigation (talk)
21. No Entry (instance: talk + D&C + talk + explore)
22. Gate Crashers (instance: talk + boss + talk)
23. Purloin the Plans (instance: talk + interact + talk)
24. Bully the Boss (instance: talk + explore + talk)
25. Knock on Wood (instance: talk + boss + explore + boss + talk)
20. Internal Investigation (boss + talk)
26. Ring the Alarm (talk)
27. Prison Break (talk)
28. Stop that Cat! (explore & talk multiple times + boss + boss + talk)
29. Scratching Post (talk)
30. Wildcat Woes (talk + boss + talk)
31. Cat Scratch Fever (mob + talk)
32. Investigation… (talk + talk)
33. Location, Location… (talk + talk)
34. Gimme a Hand (explore + mob + talk)
35. Cross Examination (talk + talk)
36. Doctor of Deception (explore + boss + talk)
37. Case Closed! (talk)
38. Weird Science (talk)
39. The Right Combination (talk + boss)
40. Locked Door (interact)
41. Gate Is Enough (instance: talk + boss + talk)
42. The Second Door (instance: interact)
43. Weird Science (instance: boss)
44. If You Build It… (instance: talk + interact + talk)
45. It’s Alive! (instance: interact 3x + talk)
43. Weird Science (talk)
Instance name: Katzenstein’s Lab
44. Fetch Bones! (talk)
45. Stolen Away (talk)
46. Metal Madness (instance: talk + mob 4x + interact 4x)
47. Stolen Away (instance: boss + talk)
48. Weights and Measures (talk)
49. More Metal Madness (instance: talk + mob 4x + interact 4x)
48. Weights and Measures (instance: boss + talk)
49. The Last Meow (instance: mob + talk + mob 3x + boss + mob + puzzle + mob 4x + boss)
50. Stealthy Stuff (instance: boss + talk)
Instance names: Counterweight East (3.-4.), Counterweight West (6.-7.) and Big Ben Tower (8.-9.)
All Main Quest Line Guides
Wizard City Main Quest Line GuideKrokotopia Main Quest Line Guide Marleybone Main Quest Line Guide Mooshu Main Quest Line Guide Dragonspyre Main Quest Line Guide Celestia Main Quest Line Guide Zafaria Main Quest Line Guide Avalon Main Quest Line Guide Azteca Main Quest Line Guide Khrysalis Main Quest Line Guide Polaris Main Quest Line Guide Mirage Main Quest Line Guide Empyrea Main Quest Line Guide Wysteria Main Quest Line Guide Grizzleheim Main Quest Line Guide Wintertusk Main Quest Line Guide