Wizard101 Main Quest Line
First of all, yes, Grizzleheim is a side world, but it does have a main quest line as well as side quests. By following this guide, you can see your progress while questing through areas. This guide is meant to motivate you, because it makes it easier to track your progress. I hope it will help you keep going, as you see the list of quests get shorter and shorter with every step you take.
Grizzleheim begins at level 5, with the quest “Bear Market”, given to you by Zeke in the Commons. These first few quests just require you to talk to some people. You can do it at a later level too, of course, nothing’s forcing you to do it at level 5! Afterwards, at level 20, you will be invited to Merle’s office to officially begin your journey through Grizzleheim. This quest is simply named “Grizzleheim”. Important: if you haven’t completed the level 5 quests, Merle will have no quest for you at level 20 yet!
Grizzleheim is a world full of level limitations. Maybe you’ve never noticed this, because you’ve done it after first questing in other worlds. However, if you start immediately at level 20, you will keep running into moments where you need to first reach a certain level in order to continue questing. For this, you will be sent to Merle’s office every time. If you are higher level when you start, you will notice nothing and just quest from one Grizzleheim area to the next.
I’m only listing the main quest line quests, aka storyline quests, which means the ones you have to do in order to get to the next area. Side quests are not mentioned. For each world, I list the quests you have to do in a certain area. The areas are listed in the order you should do them in (unless otherwise specified). The area is not always one hundred percent correct, as certain quests can require you to run back and forward between areas to talk to people. To simplify matters, I have not listed this kind of running; the quest will say “talk” but not where the NPC is located. Also, if there is only one quest in an area, I will not mention the area seperately. Between brackets are the different parts of the quest, as sometimes a quest will require you to do multiple things.
I have divided the quests in the Spiral into the following groups:
- Talk: Quests that require an interaction with an NPC.
- Mob: Quests that require the defeat of regular monsters.
- D&C: Quests that require the collection of something from certain monsters (Defeat and Collect).
- Boss: Quests that require the defeat of a boss. Elite monsters are not counted as bosses.
- Double boss: Quests that require the defeat of two bosses at once.
- Instance: Quests that require the completion of a place behind a sigil with at least 2 battles.
- Interact: Quests that require interaction with a certain object.
- Collect: Quests that require interaction with multiple items of a kind.
- Explore: Quests that just require you to run towards a certain area, NPC or item.
Grizzleheim Main Quest Line Guide
Grizzleheim has a total of 68 quests. Among those quests are 15 regular mob fights and 11 defeat and collect quests. Furthermore there is a total of 31 boss battles, with 2 battles where you face more than one boss at the same time. There aren’t any cheating bosses in Grizzlheim. Grizzleheim is in fact much shorter than I always thought! My favorite battle has to be the one against the Helephant called Gurtak Barrier Demon in Ravenscar before you get to the final battle. I like it mostly because it was such a surprise for me the first time around when I did Grizzleheim. I also appreciate the quest called The Bigger They Are in Nidavellir.
Wizard City / Northguard
- Bear Market (talk 4x)
- Trade Voyage (talk 4x)
- Grizzleheim (explore + talk)
4. I’m with the Band (talk)
5. Face Your Fate (mob + talk)
6. Spiritual Father (talk + boss + talk + talk)
7. A Lesson in Manners (mob + talk)
8. Bear Behind Bars (D&C + explore + boss + talk + talk)
9. My Brother’s Enemy (talk 4x)
10. Making the Blade (talk)
11. Hammer and Tongs (boss + talk)
12. Metal Health (collect + D&C + talk)
13. The Spider Queen (explore + boss + talk)
14. Thrice-Blessed Blade (explore + explore + boss + explore + talk)
15. The Sword is Forged (talk)
16. Watch Your Back (mob + mob + talk)
17. The Gates of Draugarth (explore + talk + boss + talk)
18. Fate Awaits (boss + talk)
19. Immigrant Song (talk)
20. Lending a Paw (talk)
21. Hunter-Gatherer (D&C + collect + talk)
22. Bears in the Woods (talk 4x)
23. Wolf Scouts (mob + talk)
24. Grimnir and Bear It (talk + talk)
25. That Old Ice Magic (talk)
26. Nine is Enough (talk + talk)
27. Grendel’s List (collect + D&C + boss +talk)
28. The Eye of Truth (instance: mob 3x + boss + interact 4x + talk)
29. Finding Ivar (talk)
30. Holm Sweet Holm (boss + talk + talk)
31. The Traitor Within (instance: talk 4x + boss + interact + talk)
32. Acting Boarish (instance: talk 3x + boss + talk)
33. The Eye Has It (instance: talk 3x + interact 3x + boss + talk + talk + boss + explore + boss)
30. Holm Sweet Holm (talk 3x)
34. Full Grizzle Jacket (talk)
35. One in the Snout (mob + talk)
36. Throwing Stones (D&C + interact + talk)
37. Wolves at the Gate (mob + explore + talk)
38. A Wolf Among Bears (talk)
39. The Bear Truth (talk)
40. Healing Helping (D&C + interact + talk)
41. Walking Wounded (interact 3x + talk)
42. Leaders of the Pack (boss + boss + talk)
43. Where Wolves? (explore 3x + talk)
44. Clean Them Out (boss + interact + talk)
45. Grendel with Care (talk)
46. Good Eats (collect + mob + talk)
47. From Dusk the Dawn (boss + talk)
48. On Second Thought… (boss + talk + talk)
49. All is Revealed (interact + interact + mob + interact + mob + interact + explore + boss + talk + talk)
50. The King and I (talk)
51. The Bigger They Are (triple boss + talk)
The Bigger They Are is an interesting quest, because you can choose two paths to defeating the boss. If you want to, you can go straight to the Hall of Valor and face three bosses and one minion at once. If that seems too daunting, you can also defeat two of the bosses one at a time (Ullik and Grettir) in seperate dungeons. Ullik is located in Helgrind Warren (on the left of the Hall of Valor) and Grettir in Winterdeep Warren (of the right of the Hall of Valor).
52. Dark Wings (talk)
53. Blackbird in a Cage (explore + mob + talk)
54. Bustin’ Loose (boss + talk + talk)
55. A Wing and a Prayer (D&C + talk)
56. No Substitutions (interact 3x + talk)
57. Cauldron of Plenty (interact + talk)
58. The Tower of Lore (explore + boss + talk + talk)
59. Talons of the Coven (D&C + talk)
60. Chip Off the Old Block (interact + talk)
61. Taking Names (boss + interact + talk)
62. The Unusual Suspects (boss + interact + boss + interact + talk)
63. Cups and Hearts (mob + interact + boss + interact + talk)
64. Time of Their Side (explore + talk)
65. The Long Way (explore + talk)
66. Dusty Roads (D&C + talk + interact + talk)
67. A Fistful of Feathers (D&C + D&C + talk + interact + talk)
68. Blood Brother (explore + boss + interact + talk + interact + boss + explore + quadruple boss + talk)
Finished the Grizzleheim main quest line? Take a look below at what comes next!