Pirate101 Holiday Tournament
After a very successful birthday PvP tournament in Pirate101, we’re excited to announce our Holiday PvP tournament! This tournament, unlike our previous ones, will not have any crazy rules or regulations besides the standard balancing rules, in order to maintain a focus on skillful play. We have lots of awesome prizes, generously provide by Kingsisle, so this isn’t a competition that you’ll want to miss! Furthermore, it’s a low-stakes way to get your feet in the door of PvP, so I’d love to see some new faces joining! But first, let’s go over the basic tournament info.
The signups for our holiday tournament will remain open until 11:59 PM Eastern time on Monday, December 2nd, at which point it will immediately be closed. Don’t be late!
IMPORTANT: WHEN YOU SIGN UP YOU WILL RECEIVE A FRIEND REQUEST FROM DISCORD USER MATTHEW#9684. PLEASE KEEP YOUR FRIEND REQUESTS OPEN SO I CAN INVITE YOU TO THE SERVER.
- All participants must be on the US Pirate101 server and be level 60+. Players declare a single pirate during sign-ups. There will be no switching pirates between rounds.
- The tournament will be a single-elimination, bracketed tournament and will start December 3rd (signups remain open until the 2nd at 11:59 PM eastern time).
- All rounds will be best of 3.
- All participants will join a tournament-exclusive Discord server in order to schedule their matches with their opponent. Within this server, participants are to be civil to one another and refrain from using inappropriate language. Breaking these rules are grounds for immediate disqualification. You will receive a Discord friend request from Matthew#9684 to invite you to the server.
- Also worth noting: this server is not a general gameplay server. While you’re welcome to chat with fellow participants, pinging everyone to ask for help farming for something or to do random pvp matches isn’t this server’s intent. There are lots of other wonderful places to get in-game help.
- Participants have 1 week to complete the matches for each round. However, if you and your opponent cannot schedule a mutually acceptable time, let an organizer know and we can look into providing an extension.
- All matches will take place in the Spar Chamber.
- Your internet connection is your responsibility. Should both players disconnect simultaneously, however, (due to a server DDOS attack, for instance), the match will be restarted with no consequences to either player.
- If you have any conflicts during your match (an opponent breaking the rules, a game-altering glitch, etc.) it is your responsibility to provide concrete visual proof of these claims, preferably a screenshot or video recording. Only then can I force players to redo a match.
- Prizes are as follows:
- First place: 25,000 Crowns
- Second place: 10,000 Crowns
- Third place: 5,000 Crowns
- Fourth place: 5,000 Crowns
- Fifth through eighth place: Holiday Crystal Unicorn (perm)
Players are subject to the following rules in all matches during the tournament. Breaking these rules may result in your disqualification.
- All Doubloons are banned.
- Old Scratch is banned.
- The Spring and Fall Champion weapons are banned.
- All tiers of the Beastmaster Banner are banned.
- The Imperial Robes of Moo Manchu are banned.
- Ghor is banned, due to his Eagle Eyes glitch.
- Overwatch 5 is banned.
- Firstmate’s Boon is banned.
- Blast of Discord is banned.
- Haywire Companions are legal, but note that Overwatch 5 cannot be given to them.
Best of luck, duelists! You can sign up here.