Pirate101 Summer 2023 Tournament
The newest update to Pirate101 brought lots of powerful new gear from Sinbad Part 2, a new dreadnaught, and a new pack! This is your chance to test out your new toys! This tournament will be similar to our other 1v1 tournaments, with a focus on skillful play and balanced rules. We have lots of awesome prizes, generously provided by Kingsisle, so these aren’t competitions that you’ll want to miss! But first, let’s go over the basic info.
IMPORTANT: WHEN YOU SIGN UP, YOU WILL RECEIVE A FRIEND REQUEST FROM DISCORD USER “matthew.0” PLEASE KEEP YOUR FRIEND REQUESTS OPEN SO I CAN INVITE YOU TO THE PARTICIPANT SERVER.
Please be aware that this Discord channel and tournament is not owned by KingsIsle. Please use proper discretion and ensure the safety of your accounts when using any private messaging service like Discord. KingsIsle is not responsible for your activities there.
General Tournament Info
- All participants in our Pirate101 Summer 2023 Tournament must play on the US Pirate101 server and be level 65+. Players declare a single pirate. You can’t switch pirates between rounds.
- The tournament will be a Swiss tournament, with anyone having 2 or fewer losses moving on to a single elimination finals and will start June 24th (signups remain open until the 23rd at 11:59 PM eastern time). The number of Swiss rounds is TBD and depends on turnout (plan for 5-6 rounds)
- All rounds will be best of 3.
All participants will join a tournament-exclusive Discord server in order to schedule their matches with their opponent. Within this server, participants are to be civil to one another and refrain from using inappropriate language. Breaking these rules are grounds for immediate disqualification. You will receive a Discord friend request from matthew.0 to invite you to the server.
- All rounds will be best of 3.
- Also worth noting: this server is not a general gameplay server. While you’re welcome to chat with fellow participants, pinging everyone to ask for help farming for something or to do random pvp matches isn’t this server’s intent. There are lots of other wonderful places to get in-game help.
- Participants have 1 week to complete the matches for each round. However, if you and your opponent cannot schedule a mutually acceptable time, let an organizer know and we can look into providing an extension.
- All matches will take place in the Spar Chamber.
- Color selection procedures:
- Game 1- First come first serve
- Game 2- Switch colors
- Game 3- Loser of Game 1 decides
- Your internet connection is your responsibility. Should both players disconnect simultaneously, however, (due to a server DDOS attack, for instance), the match will be restarted with no consequences to either player.
- If you have any conflicts during your match (an opponent breaking the rules, a game-altering glitch, etc.) it is your responsibility to provide concrete visual proof of these claims, preferably a screenshot or video recording. Only then can I force players to redo a match.
Tournament Prizes and Signups
We have a general set of balancing rules, found below, but no other rules. The prizes are as follows:
- First place- 25,000 Crowns + Mount of Choice
- Second place- 15,000 Crowns + Mount of Choice
- Third and Fourth place- 7,500 Crowns + Mount of Choice
- Fifth through Eighth place- 5,000 Crowns
Players are subject to the following rules in all matches during the tournament. Breaking these rules may result in your disqualification. There are a few changes to the rules, so please read carefully.
Power Level Bans
- All Doubloons are banned.
- Old Scratch is banned.
- The Spring and Fall Champion weapons are banned.
- All tiers of the Beastmaster Banner are banned.
- The Imperial Robes of Moo Manchu are banned.
- Overwatch 5 is banned.
- Turn the Tide 5 is banned.
- Blast of Discord is banned.
- NEW: Privateer hats that give Battle Zeal, Swashbuckler hats that give Black Fog, and Swashbuckler boots that give Assassin’s Shroud (curse) are banned.
- NEW: Byrne’s Blade (Haywire Shot + Assassin) and Byrne’s Swashbuckler Set (Haywire Shot + Super Strike) are banned.
- Hybrid melee is already a build that performs quite well. These two weapons are all but strictly better than the original haywire hybrid melee weapons, which are quite powerful on their own. Additionally, Byrne’s Blade compares favorably to the already powerful Boarding Knives.
The following are banned due to their being glitched in a way that majorly affects combat. Should a glitch be patched, it will be immediately unbanned (even in the middle of a tournament).
- Ghor is banned, due to his Eagle Eyes glitch.
- Smoke Screen is banned, due to the accuracy debuff being permanent.
- Sinbad’s Fury is banned, due to the Bleeding Strikes talent being permanent
Best of luck duelists! If you have questions about our Pirate101 Summer 2023 Tournament, leave them in the comments.