May Cast Pet Talents
Wizard101’s Deckathalon is fast approaching live realm. Sporting a unique approach to battle including the disabling of gear stats- previously staple pet talents have become virtually useless in this event. Spell Proof and Defy? Doesn’t count. Dealer? Nope. Wards? No luck. Thankfully, one type of pet talent is enabled in this event- may casts. This article will summarize the may casts you should be aiming for to help you make the most of your deckathalon runs. At the time of publishing – there is a 2x pet experience member benefit so be sure to take advantage so you can craft your perfect pet! Additionally, don’t forget to check out our may cast talents list!
May Cast Auras
- Fearless Fortifier (May Cast Fortify) – This pet talent provides you with 15% resist for 5 rounds. This can help to stave off the effects of powerful attacks in the later stages and is especially effective against DoTs when combined with the flat resist inherent in Deckathalon crafted decks.
- Ardent Amplifier (May Cast Amplify) – This pet talent provides you with 15% damage for 5 rounds. This damage can be helpful in ensuring kills against high health enemies in the higher stages especially when combined with relatively high base damage 3 pip spells.
May Cast Heals
- Fairy Friend (May Cast Fairy) – A defining talent since it’s release, mc fairy offers the biggest reliable spike heal in the Deckathalon outside of Kroger jewels. As such it can be really helpful to recover after a big hit or when your health is low.
- Sprite Queen (May Cast Sprite Queen) – May cast sprite’s big sister- this pet talent casts a stronger sprite than spritely. Sprite Queen is a great heal in the deckathalon, providing a consistent source of health recovery over a number of rounds and completely negating most DoTs when combined with flat resist.
May Cast Shields
- Guardian Wall (May Cast Tower Shield) – Universal shields are the name of the game when it comes to may casts. While a school specific shield may cast can be more useful on a particular deckathalon – may cast tower shield will be useful in all of them.
- Defenders Rampart (May Cast Legion Shield) – The next strongest universal shield, the reasons to use this are the same as may cast tower shield. While weaker than tower shield it does offer the potential to protect a minion.
May Cast Blades
- Dragonblade (May Cast Dragonblade) – This talent gives the chance of casting a 35% universal blade. Universal blades are better than school specific blades as a may cast since they will be useful in every deckathalon regardless of school.
- Balanceblade (May Cast Balanceblade) – This talent gives the chance of casting a 25% universal blade. Weaker than Dragonblade it is still the second strongest universal blade maycast (excluding Kroger jewels) and as such is a worthy investment.
May Cast Removals
- Ward Wrecker (May Cast Shatter) – This may cast has the potential to remove multiple stacked shields. While the Ice Deckathalon is the only one where we have seen shield spam, it is likely that once higher floors are added shields will become more common.
- Charm Chopper (May Cast Enfeeble) – This may cast has the ability to remove blades from the opponent. Damage mitigation is very important in this event especially with our low base health and this talent is one more way to do it.
Note on Kroger Jewels
You will notice that none of my top talents included Kroger jewels. That isn’t because they aren’t good, on the contrary they are extremely good. However, Kroger jewels are not readily accessible and as such were excluded from consideration. If you have access to them, by all means use them as they have some of the best may cast talents in the game.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: I have a pet with some may casts mixed with other talents, should I use it?
A: Some may casts are better than no may casts. If you have a pet with 2 may casts and a bunch of other talents it is still a good idea to use said pet in the Deckathalon.
Q: I have a pet with all may casts but they aren’t on this list, should I use it?
A: Yes! This list is a list of ideals. Even I don’t have a pet that meets all these parameters. However, in most cases having different may casts is better than going in without them. Exceptions to this rule are things such as may cast berserk or may cast mass feint which do more harm than good in the Deckathalon.
Q: Where can I find a pet with all may casts?
A: The hatchmaking kiosk is a great tool for finding a variety of pets including may cast pets. I currently have 2 all may cast Rotting Dryads in the kiosk. Other may cast pets I have found include Dragons and Dryad variants.
Q: What would be your ideal pet for the Deckathalon?
A: My ideal pet would be MC Fairy, MC Sprite Queen, MC Tower Shield, MC Shatter, MC Dragonblade with a Kroger jewel MC Brace.
Will you be making a May Cast Pet for the Deckathalon?
Have other talents we didn’t highlight?
Let us know in the comments below!