Picking the Locks
Spring Test Realm 2021 brought two skeleton key bosses. We went over King Borr already, but there is one more boss in this update. The Stay-Puffed Marshfellow awaits you in the depths of the Karamellian Nibbleheim Mines.
Stay-Puffed Marshfellow Location
The Stay-Puffed Marshfellow is fairly easy to find. Simply enter the mines, go down two sets of stairs, and you will see the sigil ahead.
Once you enter the sigil, you will enter the Den of the Marshfellow. It’s almost reminiscent of the Jewel Crafter’s Bundle, with the crystals and railway strewn about. Make sure to bring a stone skeleton key as it is a requirement to enter this duel.
Stay-Puffed Marshfellow Boss Overview
Boss and Minion Spells
Stay-Puffed Marshfellow Cheats
- At the beginning of the fight, and the start of every fourth round, The Marshfellow will cast a Damage over Time Spell that only deals damage after four rounds, dealing about 5,200 damage.
- The victim of this spell will also receive two cards, Hot Potato Enemy, and Hot Potato Friend.
- Both of these spells are shift spells, one of which sends the DoT to an enemy, and the other sending it to an ally.
“That not how you play”
- If a wizard attempts to use Triage, Mass Triage, or Shift, both the target of the spell, as well as the recipient of the spell will be instantly defeated by the Marshfellow.
- The first time a blade is cast, the boss will cast a Mana Burn on the recipient
- After that, the second blade cast will result in a Bad Juju on the recipient.
- The third time a blade is cast, the boss will cast a double disarm on the recipient, which will remove two blades.
- After this, the cycle will repeat.
- If a Feint is cast, the boss will cast a spell that removes every single trap from his entire team. Indemnity can protect a trap once. I highly recommend you cast Feint before any other trap.
“Pass the potato!“
- When Hot Potato: Enemy is used on the boss to shift the DoT back to him, he will then transfer it to one of his minions
“Fun for everyone!”
- If a wizard arrives late, the Marshfellow will proceed to interrupt cast a S’more Machine on the tardy member.
Strategy and Tips
- The minions do not respawn, so it is best to defeat them quickly to reduce incoming damage by a lot. After a couple of rounds they tend to start using some powerful AOE attacks.
- I would not worry about trying to use the shift spells provided from the boss.
- Make sure that Indemnity Feint is the first trap that you cast.
- DO NOT USE TRIAGE. AT ALL. YOU WILL DIE.
- The boss doesn’t have a large amount of health, so as long as you move quickly and attack efficiently, it should be easy.
Stay-Puffed Marshfellow Drops
This boss has a series of pretty nice drops. He drops the full Wunderbar sets, which is second only to the top tier Karamellean gear. His wands are comparable to the Uber set, offering damage, critical, and pierce.
Thanks to WolfStormRiver and Daniel4577 on Discord!
In addition to that, he drops the Karamelle spell Spellements, as well as the Pretzel Stick and Toffee Reagents. This is the ONLY place where the reagent can be found easily. This is especially important since they are key reagents in the Karamelle Crafted Gear.
As good as this sounds, his drop rates are extremely low. It’s up to you whether you’ll be farming him though. There are no badges for defeating this boss, but defeating him will count towards the badges Harshfellow, Clashfellow, and Thrashfellow, which are badges awarded for defeating marshfellows.
Will you be farming the Stay-Puffed Marshfellow?
Why or Why not? Let us know in the comments!