March 12, 2023
St Patrick’s Day in Wizard101
Is that a rainbow on the horizon? March is here, and so are the Saint Patrick’s Day celebrations! The event usually starts in the first week of the month, and lasts for two or three weeks. You’ll know it has begun when Pat O’Gold appears in the Shopping District. She sells some Saint Patrick’s-themed wands and a pet for Crowns. To celebrate the green time of year, the event brings plenty of exclusive housing items, pets, and lots of holiday gear.
This guide will cover everything you can do, farm for, or purchase during the Saint Patrick’s Day season. We can also expect the “Save Green on Green” sale to return, allowing you to buy certain green items from the Crown Shop for 50% off. If you want a Life Mastery Amulet for half the price, your chance is coming soon! As always, Lord Nightshade in Haunted Cave, Wizard City is a reliable source of most, if not all, dropped wands and pets. Lord Nightshade and Jade Oni are both popular farming spots during Holiday events and should be the first place you go to for Holiday stitch items!
The only Seasonal Fish available for Saint Patrick’s Day is the ShamRockfish.
He is Life, Rank 1, and appears in a lot of Castles and world hub areas. I recommend searching for this fish in pools that do not usually contain life fish, such as the Balance House, Fire House, or Darkmoor Manor.
While Pat O’Gold is conveniently situated in the Shopping District, her prices might be too high for some of us wizards. Luckily, we can also farm bosses for the items she sells! Let’s see who you should farm during the week of St. Patrick’s Day to get your favorite holiday themed items!
There are 8 exclusive wand designs for St. Patrick’s day. The same design is sold by several different names, and also dropped with different names by different bosses. The 4 wand designs are dropped from Lord Nightshade, but the 4 staffs are a bit harder to find.
- Clover Wand (any) – 300 Crowns or dropped from Lord Nightshade
- Shamrock Scepter (15+) – 300 Crowns or dropped from Krokopatra
- Charmed Clover Wand (15+) – 1,500 Crowns or dropped from Krokopatra
- Lucky Shamrock Wand (35+) – 300 Crowns or dropped from Jade Oni
- Gold-Stringed Harp (any) – 300 Crowns or dropped from Lord Nightshade
- Harp of the Lucky (15+) – 300 Crowns or dropped from Krokopatra
- Shamrock Harp (25+) – 300 Crowns
- Harp o’ the Emerald Isle (25+) – 1,500 Crowns or dropped from Meowiarty
Pot o’ Gold Wand
- Pot o’ Gold Wand (any) – 300 Crowns or dropped from Lord Nightshade
- Bountiful Wand (15+) – 300 Crowns or dropped from Krokopatra
- Bounty of the Rainbow (25+) – 300 Crowns
- Wand of Wealth (35+) – 300 Crowns or dropped from Jade Oni
Scepter of the Shield
- Scepter of the Shield (any) – 1,500 Crowns or dropped from Lord Nightshade
- Wand of the Golden Ward (25+) – 300 Crowns
- Shield of the Blessed (35+) – 300 Crowns
- Charmed Shamrock Staff (45+) – 2,500 Crowns or dropped from Othin Stormfather
- Four Leaf Scepter (55+) – 2,500 Crowns
- Clover of Prosperity (65+) – 2,500 Crowns or dropped from Tse-Tse Snaketail, Elephant Spectral Guardian
- Little Clover Staff (75+) – 2,500 Crowns
- Shamrock of Spring (85+) – 2,500 Crowns
- Cloverbranch of Momentum (95+) – 2,500 Crowns
Pot o’ Gold Staff
- Leprechaun’s Bounty (25+) – 500 Crowns
- Rainbow’s Reward (45+) – 500 Crowns or dropped from Malistaire Drake, Othin Stormfather
- End o’ the Rainbow Wand (55+) – 500 Crowns
- Staff of Gracious Fortune (65+) – 500 Crowns or dropped from Tse-Tse Snaketail
- Golden Windfall Staff (75+) – 500 Crowns or dropped from Black Dragon
- Wand of Recompense (85+) – 500 Crowns
- Lucky Coin Cauldron Staff (95+) – 500 Crowns
Scepter of the Shield Staff
- Staff of the Crimson Hart (35+) – 500 Crowns or dropped from Jade Oni
- Scepter of the Red Hart (45+) – 500 Crowns or dropped from Malistaire Drake, Othin Stormfather
- Guardian’s Wand (55+) – 500 Crowns or dropped from Ptolemos
- Sacred Heart Staff (65+) – 500 Crowns or dropped from Starburst Spider
- Staff of the Defender (75+) – 500 Crowns
- Stave of the Protector (85+) – 500 Crowns or dropped from Yacate Farwalker
- Staff of Heraldry (95+) – 500 Crowns
- Lucky Shillelagh (15+) – 500 Crowns
- Sacred Shillelagh (45+) – 500 Crowns or dropped from Othin Stormfather
- Shillelagh of the Reformation (55+) – 500 Crowns or dropped from Mithraya
- Adventurer’s Shillelagh (65+) – 500 Crowns or dropped from Tse-Tse Snaketail
- Curmudgeon’s Cudgel (75+) – 500 Crowns
- Diviner’s Shillelagh (85+) – 500 Crowns
- Leprechaun’s Walkingstick (95+) – 500 Crowns
In March 2023, two new Crowns-only St Patrick’s-themed wands were released in the Crown Shop, each for 1,500 Crowns. These are cosmetic-only and have no stats, just like the dropped wands.
Standard O’ Luck
There’s only one possible free pet for the green season, the Lucky Leprechaun. As always, it can be found at Lord Nightshade.
- 1,500 Crowns
- Dropped from Lord Nightshade, Meowiarty, Jade Oni, Othin Stormfather, Elephant Spectral Guardian, Starburst Spider
In March 2020, the Plucky Clover, costing 2,900 Crowns, was released to the Crown Shop. He is an adorable addition for any Life wizard’s collection! The Spirit of the Forest pet also makes a return to the Crown Shop during the event, though it is not event-specific.
Crowns-or-Gold Housing Items
Unfortunately, there aren’t many options for Crowns-or-Gold items during Saint Patrick’s Day. But you can still garden in style!
Small Clover Planter
1,250 Crowns or 2,000 Gold
Small Clover Pot
1,250 Crowns or 2,000 Gold
Medium Clover Pot
1,250 Crowns or 2,000 Gold
Crowns-Only Housing Items
There are plenty of Crowns-only housing items for Saint Patrick’s Day, so you can celebrate the season with a fully decorated house! My personal favorites are the rainbows – you can make them massive with Castle Magic!
Medium Pot o’ Gold
Large Pot o’ Gold
Lucky Pot o’ Gold
Small Rainbow Bridge
Medium Rainbow Bridge
Large Rainbow Bridge
Banner O’ Luck
These teleport effects are sometimes in the Crown Shop, and are sometimes rewards from a Crowns Reward Event during the Saint Patrick’s Day celebrations. Here’s to hoping they both make an appearance in the Crown Shop soon! Though not specific to St Patrick’s Day, the Rainbow teleport effect is usually also available.
Crowns Reward Event
What’s your favorite thing to do during Saint
Let us know in the comments!