Empyrea Level 130 Paradox Gear
The third arc finale hits the Spiral with Empyrea Part 2. However, that’s not all it brings! Along with this update we are introduced to three new main gear sets: Zanadu Dropped Gear, Alphoi Crafted Gear, and the top tier Paradox Dropped Gear that drops from various battles in Empyrea’s final area, the Husk.
You might notice that the Paradox gear is similar to the Alphoi set from Nimbus. However, not only is it similar, it’s exactly the same, down to the last health point! Some Wizard101 players always desired to have multiple sources to obtain particular gear. I strongly suspect that Kingsisle has listened to them by implementing this. Do note that you still need the Pure Aethyr reagent that drops from the bosses in Husk too. Nevertheless, two big differences between the two sets remain. The inability to craft the decks, and the appearance of the Paradox gear set is breathtaking!
If I may quote a friend, Jared Shadowbreaker, “a true endgame set!”.
The Paradox gear keeps building along the lines of Arc 3 worlds finale gear and the crafted set already presented in Empyrea Part 1. For a quick recap of the gear, you can revisit it by clicking the below links.
Paradox Gear Overview
We keep seeing stats shifting from different pieces:
- The most noteworthy stats that keep moving around from the hat and boots are: pierce, power pip chance and accuracy
- The robes and athames aren’t the most sought out pieces due to their highly defensive nature and lack of offense. Not to mention the triangle socket that is starting to vanish from athames.
- The rings, amulets and decks are thought provoking… Interesting strategies await? Rings are similar to the Mimic’s rings with more critical, the amulets are mastery amulets and the decks are an improvement – so long as you don’t mind sacrificing max copies.
The drop sources have been verified to be different bosses in the Husk as marked below:
- Astral Grove (Vigilant Sargun) – Hat and Boots
- Elemental Grove (Arachna Magna Magus) – Deck and Athame
- Spirit Grove (the Grim Brothers) – Amulets and Rings
- Titan’s Trident – Robe and Wands
On the other hand, you should note that in each of these fights Pure Aethyr has been recorded to drop frequently, so crafted the gear can also be a viable option.
What do you think of the Paradox Gear?
Will you be farming for it?