Badge Busters: Wizard City
Badges have been a staple of Wizard101 since the very beginning. Whether you get them by experiencing the main story, plowing through specific enemies, or exploring recreation outside of the duel circle, there seems to be a Badge for nearly everything these days.
In this series, Iâll be going through each world, listing off the various badges you can obtain in each, and giving tips and tricks towards getting each one. With that being said, though, what better place to start than Wizard City? This world has a total of 34 badges!
List of Wizard City Badges
- Golem Tower Champion â Clear Golem Tower in Golem Court
- Hero of Unicorn Way â Complete all main quests in Unicorn Way
- Three Streets Savior â Complete all main quests in Cyclops Lane, Triton Avenue, and Firecat Alley
- Master Diplomat â Complete all main quests in Colossus Boulevard
- Wizard City Protector â Defeat Lord Nightshade
- Gobbler Chaser – Defeat 25 Gobblers
- Gobbler Catcher – Defeat 50 Gobblers
- Gobbler Gobbler – Defeat 100 Gobblers
- Savior of Wizard City â Complete all main and side quests in Wizard City
- Wizard City Explorer â Complete âFind the Smithsâ
- Sunken City Survivor â Clear Sunken City
- Giant Hunter â Defeat 50 Giants
- Giant Smasher â Defeat 100 Giants
- Blood of the Giants â Defeat 350 Giants
- Undead Stalker â Defeat 50 Undead
- Undead Hunter â Defeat 100 Undead
- Undead Conqueror â Defeat 500 Undead
- Undead Crusader â Defeat 1,000 Undead
- Undead Slayer â Defeat 2,000 Undead
- Golem Breaker â Defeat 50 Golems
- Golem Destroyer â Defeat 200 Golems
- Technomancer â Defeat 500 Golems
- Elemental Dispeller â Defeat 50 Elementals
- Elemental Banisher â Defeat 250 Elementalsb
- Elementalist â Defeat 500 Elementals
- Briskbreeze Champion â Clear Briskbreeze Tower
- Triton Underwater Hero â Clear Crab Alley
- Waterworks Warrior â Clear Waterworks
- Undead Enforcer â Defeat 4,000 Undead
- Undead Assassin â Defeat 8,000 Undead
- Undead Cutthroat â Defeat 10,000 Undead
- Undead Master â Defeat 15,000 Undead
- Undead Executioner â Defeat 20,000 Undead
- Scion of Bartleby — Complete the quest “Growing Into It”
Next, let’s divide these badges in categories based on their type!
Main Quest Line Badges: 5/34
The four badges you acquire just by finishing the main quest line in Wizard City are:
- Hero of Unicorn Way (complete all main quests in Unicorn Way)
- Three Streets Savior (complete all main quests in Cyclops Lane, Triton Avenue, and Firecat Alley)
- Master Diplomat (complete all main quests in Colossus Boulevard)
- Wizard City Protector (defeat Lord Nightshade)
(Additionally, there is the badge Scion of Bartleby. Even though you get this badge by completing the quest “Growing Into It” in Empyrea Part 2, it’s still listed among the Wizard City badges!)
Badges from Completing Dungeons or Side Quests: 7/34
There are seven badges you can acquire from doing objectives on the side, too!Â These include:
- Golem Tower Champion (clear Golem Tower in Golem Court)
- Sunken City Survivor (clear Sunken City)
- Savior of Wizard City (complete all main and side quests in Wizard City)
- Wizard City Explorer (complete âFind the Smithsâ)
- Briskbreeze Champion (clear Briskbreeze Tower)
- Triton Underwater Hero (clear Crab Alley)
- Waterworks Warrior (clear Waterworks)
(Hey, remember when going to Briskbreeze was a mandatory requirement for getting to Celestia? Yeah, me neither.)
Enemy Smashers: 22/34
And, last but not least, badges you acquire by defeating a certain number of a certain type of enemy. Iâve dubbed these âEnemy Smashersâ because thatâs precisely what you do: beat up enemies until you get the badge. Yay! đ
To understand Enemy Smasher Badges, you first need to understandÂ Categories.Â All the enemies in the Spiral fall under some archetype, ranging from the most common one (Undead) to very niche enemies found in very few places (Gobblers). Some enemies even fall under multiple categories!
Now, all that being said, Iâll go over some general tips and tricks that you can use to acquire some of these!
- Gobbler Chaser -> Gobbler CatcherÂ -> Gobbler Gobbler:Â
Youâll probably get up to Gobbler Chaser (25 gobblers) by the time youâre done with Colossus Boulevard, so if youâre gunning for Gobbler Gobbler (100 gobblers) you donât have far to go! The best choice for farming would be the Gobbler Scavenger, as itâs literally the first enemy you encounter in this wintry wonderland. Save for some out-of-place enemies in Mirage, Gobblers are almost exclusive to Colossus Boulevard, so if youâre out to get this set of badges, bundle up!
- Giant Hunter -> Giant Smasher -> Blood of the Giants:
Much like how Gobblers are almost entirely exclusive to Colossus Boulevard, the largest concentration of Giants youâll find throughout the SpiralâCyclopes, Trolls, Minotaurs, or otherwiseâcan be found in Cyclops Lane. Every single common enemyÂ in Cyclops Lane counts as a Giant, so don’t feel like you have to be careful who to pull into a fight!
- Undead Stalker (50 undead) -> Undead Crusader (1,000 undead):
To be honest, you wonât have to go far out of your way to get these first 4 badges. Youâll be fighting plenty of Undead goons as you romp around the Spiral (fun fact: there are 428+Â different enemies throughout the Spiral that classify as Undead!), so donât worry if this is as far as you wanna go!
- Undead Slayer (2,000 undead) -> Undead Executioner (20,000 undead):
Now this is where the grinding sets in. Of course, the easiest way to go about this, one would think, is to just farm Lost Souls in Unicorn Way; however, Iâd argue that that isnât the optimal strategy. The earliest one can potentially encounter Undead enemies two at a time are some relatively remote locations in Krokotopia. However, for convenience sake I’d go forÂ literally any area in Dragonspyre. Thanks to the lore of that place, it’s filled to the teeth with Undead enemies. If you’re a bit higher-leveled than that, the first few levels of Briskbreeze Tower are fantastic as well; there, you’ll be fighting four enemies at once as opposed to the regular two! (Oh, and regarding the 20,000 kill requirement for Undead ExecutionerâŚ why. JustâŚ why.)
- Elemental Dispeller (50 elementals) -> Elemental Banisher (250 Elementals) -> Elementalist (500 elementals):
Just like with the first four Undead-related Enemy Smashers, youâll be fighting a ton of Elemental enemies as you plow through the main story. Wizard City unfortunately doesn’t have many good spots to farm Elemental enemies (the only three enemies that fall under the category in Wizard City areÂ Evil SnowmenÂ in Colossus Boulevard, Magma MenÂ in Firecat Alley, and the Ice-exclusiveÂ Ice ColossusÂ in Ravenwood’s Ice Tower), as these enemies will often be accompanied by folks of different categories.That being said, however, if youÂ do want to go out of your way to snag these 3 badges, my top choice would definitely go to theÂ Desert GolemÂ in Krokotopia (see below).
- Golem Slayer -> Golem Destroyer:
Donât be fooled by the name of this badge, farming Golem Tower is NOT the way to go about getting this badge! The REAL way to go about this is an enemy I mentioned earlier: theÂ Desert Golem. Speaking of which…
And that’s it for now!
More worlds to come, so stay tuned!