Pirate101 Krampus Boss Guide
In the December 2018 Yuletide patch, Kingsisle released a new terror to the Skyways: The Krampus. The entrance is a big present across from the team up ledger in Skull Island. This boss is a skeleton key boss, but your fancy Obsidian Keys won’t work here. You’ll need to farm wooden, silver, and gold skeleton keys to access this terrifying boss fight. Below are confirmed drop locations for each Key type:
- Gold Keys – All mobs level 65+
- Stone Keys – Mobs up to level 69 (we aren’t sure what the lower bound is currently)
- Wood Keys – Low level mobs (Skull Island skyway enemies are confirmed drop locations)
Low Level Krampus Boss
Enemies encountered: Krampus (Buccaneer, level 8), Cracker (Musketeer, level 7-8)
- Before his turn starts, Krampus can randomly cast an AOE that turns his opposition into presents for 1 round. He almost always does this before his first turn and seemingly only triggers against solo players. This prevents you from moving, attacking, or using any sort of power.
As you can see from these pictures, Krampus and his minions have, shall we say, odd epic talents. We’re not sure if this is intended or a bug, but we will keep you posted.
Krampus Boss Drops
Note: The weapons Krampus drops are the same for each tier, just with different stats. However, these weapons are generally worse than their pack weapon counterparts, so it appears these weapons are mainly for looks. I will place the look of each weapon in the Low Level Krampus loot table, and just the stats in the higher versions
Mid Level Krampus Boss
Enemies Encountered: Krampus (level 34), Cracker (level 33-34), Crumbles (level 34)
- Krampus is immune to all damage until his henchmen are defeated.
- Krampus possesses copies of Mojo Storm and Jobu’s Kiss.
- Before his turn starts, Krampus can randomly cast an AoE that turns his opposition into presents for 1 round. He almost always does this before his first turn, and only if you are soloing. This prevents you from moving, attacking, or using any sort of power.
- Crumbles comes with guaranteed critical Assassin’s Strike(s).
- “A present for you!”- The first (and possibly following, more testing needs to be done) power used on Krampus by a pirate will result in Krampus casting a spell that damages and transforms the Pirate into a present. The present mechanic is the same as described above.
Krampus Boss Drops
- White Washed Decorated Walls
Mark of Gingerbread Doubloon: given this drop, it’s safe to assume the gingerbread men in this and the max tier fight can drop their exclusive stitch weapons as well. These weapons are also found sinking gingerbread ships in various skyways.
Krampus Shackles: trophy
High Level Krampus Boss
Enemies Encountered: Krampus (level 76, 9795 health), Cracker (level 74-76, ~2100 health), Crumbles (level 75, 3346 health, X2)
- Krampus is immune to all damage until his henchmen are killed.
- Krampus possesses copies of a variety of witchdoctor spells, such as Mojo Storm, Mojo Reaver, and Jobu’s Kiss.
- Crumbles has a guaranteed critical Assassin’s Strike. This power will do ~2000 damage before bleeding, so prioritize this tough cookie!
- “A present for you!”- The first (and possibly following, more testing needs to be done) power used on Krampus by a pirate (possibly only when Krampus’ minions are alive) will result in Krampus casting a spell that damages and transforms the Pirate into a present for 3 rounds. Those affected by the present cheat cannot move, attack, or use powers
- Like on the lower tiers, Krampus can randomly (and seemingly fairly rarely) cheat-cast a spell before his turn starts that transforms all players/companions into presents for 1 round.
- Krampus re-summons his minions 2-3 rounds after killing them. He once again goes immune until they’re killed.
Strategy: The strategy here is pretty straightforward (meaning the traditional Scratch + AOE spam strategies work quite well). Focus solely on Krampus’s minions, avoiding him entirely until his minions have been killed, as to not waste damage potential. Once the minions are dead, focus fire on Krampus. He has nearly 10,000 health (the second most in the current game), so this may take a while. If a team member is turned into a present, just deal with it. The fight isn’t too terribly difficult, so temporarily losing one unit isn’t a big deal. Out of all the henchmen, any iterations of Crumbles should be killed first, since they have the capability of executing an OHKO on one of your units
Krampus Boss Drops Received
- Mark of Gingerbread Doubloon
- Krampus Shackles (trophy)
- Coallie Pollie Pet
There are 3 tiers of badges for each of the three tiers of Krampus, making 9 badges in total. They are as follows:
- Krampus Survivor – Defeat Wood Krampus x1
- Krampus Fighter – Defeat Wood Krampus x10
- Krampus’ Pest – Defeat Wood Krampus x100
- Krampus Eluder – Defeat Stone Krampus x1
- Krampus Hunter – Defeat Stone Krampus x10
- Krampus’ Bane – Defeat Stone Krampus x100
- Krampus Dodger – Defeat Gold Krampus x1
- Krampus Stalker – Defeat Gold Krampus x10
- Krampus’ Nightmare – Defeat Gold Krampus x100
Special Thanks to Logan, Big Bad Wolfy, Jack Nightingale, Dead-Eye Ethan Lanyard, Winsome Philip Landon, and Two-Faced Terry Cog for providing the screenshots contained in this article!
What do you think of this boss? Too easy? Too hard?
Let us know your thoughts!
Email any drop screenshots
to firstname.lastname@example.org and
we’ll add them to the tables with credit!