Badge Busters Chapter #3
Welcome back to Badge Busters! This time weâll be covering none other than Marleybone, the third world in the Spiral and home to many fantastic literary references! Get ready to run some rooftops, because this place has a total of 16 badges!
Below are the links to the currently published Badge Busters articles:
List of Marleybone Badges
LIST OF MARLEYBONE BADGES:
- Mastermind â Defeat Meowiarty
- Hero of Marleybone â Complete all main and side quests in Marleybone (excluding Kensington Park)
- Honorary Detective â Complete the side quest âClean Sweepâ
- Aeronaut â Ride all four shuttle balloons in Digmoore Station
- Member of the Watch â Complete all main and side quests in Scotland Yard and Scotland Yard Roof
- Honorary Engineer â Defeat Meowiarty, then complete the quest âBad NewsâŚâ
- Marleybone Explorer â Complete âStray Cat Strutâ
- Smogger Smasher â Defeat Smogger
- Cat Curtailer â Defeat 100 Cats
- Cat Herder â Defeat 250 Cats
- Meow Master â Defeat 400 Cats
- Crusher Crusher â Defeat Spike the Crusher
- Machine Master â Clear Kensington Park
- Rat Catcher â Defeat 50 Rats
- Rat Trapper â Defeat 100 Rats
- Pied Piper â Defeat 200 Rats
Main Story Badges: 2/16
Unfortunately, you only get two of the 16 badges in Marleybone by completing the main storyline. If youâre aiming to get badges here, looks like youâll have to go more out of your way in order to do itâŚ đ
- Mastermind (Defeat Meowiarty)
- Honorary Engineer (Complete the quest âBad NewsâŚâ after defeating Meowiarty)
Side Quest Badges: 5/16
More badges based on completing all the side quests? Who wouldâve thought?
- Hero of Marleybone (Complete all main and side quests (minus Kensington Park) in Marleybone)
- Honorary Detective (Complete the side quest âClean Sweepâ)
- Member of the Watch (Complete all main and side quests in Scotland Yard and Scotland Yard Roof)
- Marleybone Explorer (Complete âStray Cat Strutâ)
- Machine Master (Clear Kensington Park)
Other Badges: 1/16
Only one “Other” badge this time around: “Aeronaut.” Obtaining this badge is as easy as visiting the four areas accessible through Digmoore Station: Hyde Park, Chelsea Court, The Ironworks, and Kensington Park. It’s honestly one of the easiest badges to obtain in the game!
Enemy Smashers: 8/16
Marleybone introduces a new kind of Enemy Smasher badge, something I like to call the Secret BossÂ Smasher. As the name implies, you get these badges by taking down secret bosses hidden within Marleyboneâs dungeons; on top of going over the regular Enemy Smashers, Iâll also be covering these secret bosses and telling you where you can find them!
For obvious reasons, you’ll have to defeat Smogger to obtain this one. Smogger can be found in Katzensteinâs Lab, just before Katzenstein himself. Getting to him is a bit tricky, so let me go through step-by-step how to reach this elusive secret boss!
To the left of Dr. Katzenstein, youâll find a small stairway. Go up, in, and out the exit on your left and youâll be greeted by this prompt message:
In the vicinity youâll be able to find 4 bundles of planks, with which youâll able to get across the gap.
Where to Find the Wooden Planks?
Return to where you received the message to build the bridge, and it’ll build itself automatically. Just like magic! Walk up the ramp, and sure enough, dead ahead is none other than Smogger himself!
Defeat Spike the Crusher! Spike the Crusher is a LOT more straightforward of a secret boss. Getting to fight him is as easy as knocking over a few stray milk bottles in Big Ben; no, seriously! As you progress through the Big Ben dungeon, youâre given 3 chances to knock over a bottle of milk (on Floors 6, 10, and 13 respectively). Heâll keep warning you not to do it, but donât be afraid!
Milk Bottle Locations
After you knock over the final bottle, heâll appear on the 14th floor, ready to be pummeled!
- Cat Curtailer (100 Cats) â> Meow Master (400 Cats) + Rat Catcher (50 Rats) â> Pied Piper (200 Rats):
Here in Marleybone, the two enemies you’ll be seeing literally everywhereÂ are cats and rats… with a few Golems sprinkled in here and there.Â That being said, no need to limit yourself to farming just the easiest enemies ofÂ each type here; but on the off-chance you DO want to do just that, just go to Hyde Park. It’s the first enemy-ridden area in Marleybone and has the easiest enemies of both kindâO’Leary Scurriers and O’Leary Burglarsâright there at the entrance.
LOCATION SPOTLIGHT: Spiral Geographic Society Warehouse
Instead of going to a specific enemy, today’s shoutout goes to a location: the Spiral Geographic Society Warehouse in Regent’s Square. (You know, that place that used to be a requirement for getting to Celestia?) If you’re high enough level, up for a decent challenge, and want to knock off multiple Enemy Smasher badges at once, give this dungeon a visit; this place has plenty of Golems, Cats, Rats, and Undead (plus one Crab!) for you to farm!
And that does it for Marleybone!
See you next time for Mooshu!