1v1 Tournament 2021
With summer in full swing and a new update in Pirate101, it’s time for a new PvP tournament! This tournament will be similar to our other 1v1 tournaments, with a focus on skillful play and balanced rules. We have lots of awesome prizes, generously provided by Kingsisle, so these aren’t competitions that you’ll want to miss! But first, let’s go over the basic info.
IMPORTANT: WHEN YOU SIGN UP, YOU WILL RECEIVE A FRIEND REQUEST FROM DISCORD USER MATTHEW#9684. PLEASE KEEP YOUR FRIEND REQUESTS OPEN SO I CAN INVITE YOU TO THE PARTICIPANT SERVER.
Please be aware that this Discord channel and tournament is not owned by KingsIsle. Please use proper discretion and ensure the safety of your accounts when using any private messaging service like Discord. KingsIsle is not responsible for your activities there.
General Tournament Info
- All participants must play on the US Pirate101 server and be level 65+. Players declare a single pirate. You can’t switch pirates between rounds.
- The tournament will be a Swiss tournament, with a cut to the top 8 and will start July 20th (signups remain open until the 19th at 11:59 PM eastern time). The number of Swiss rounds is TBD and depends on turnout (plan for 5-6 rounds)
- All rounds will be best of 3.
All participants will join a tournament-exclusive Discord server in order to schedule their matches with their opponent. Within this server, participants are to be civil to one another and refrain from using inappropriate language. Breaking these rules are grounds for immediate disqualification. You will receive a Discord friend request from Matthew#9684 to invite you to the server.
- All rounds will be best of 3.
- Also worth noting: this server is not a general gameplay server. While you’re welcome to chat with fellow participants, pinging everyone to ask for help farming for something or to do random pvp matches isn’t this server’s intent. There are lots of other wonderful places to get in-game help.
- Participants have 1 week to complete the matches for each round. However, if you and your opponent cannot schedule a mutually acceptable time, let an organizer know and we can look into providing an extension.
- All matches will take place in the Spar Chamber.
- Your internet connection is your responsibility. Should both players disconnect simultaneously, however, (due to a server DDOS attack, for instance), the match will be restarted with no consequences to either player.
- If you have any conflicts during your match (an opponent breaking the rules, a game-altering glitch, etc.) it is your responsibility to provide concrete visual proof of these claims, preferably a screenshot or video recording. Only then can I force players to redo a match.
Tournament Prizes and Signups
We have a general set of balancing rules, found below, but no other rules (note that I am UNBANNING Firstmate’s Boon due to its recent heavy nerf). We might try a tournament with wacky, but balanced, rules in the near future (think basic gear and companion restrictions). The prizes are as follows:
- First place- 25,000 Crowns
- Second place- 15,000 Crowns
- Third and Fourth place- 7,500 Crowns
- Fifth through Eighth place- 5,000 Crowns
Players are subject to the following rules in all matches during the tournament. Breaking these rules may result in your disqualification.
- All Doubloons are banned.
- Old Scratch is banned.
- The Spring and Fall Champion weapons are banned.
- All tiers of the Beastmaster Banner are banned.
- The Imperial Robes of Moo Manchu are banned.
- Ghor is banned, due to his Eagle Eyes glitch.
- Overwatch 5 is banned.
- Blast of Discord is banned.
- Haywire Companions are legal, but note that Overwatch 5 cannot be given to them.
Best of luck duelists! If you have questions,
leave them in the comments.