Pirate101 Valentine’s Day 2v2 Tournament
In a continuation of our successful Pirate101 tournament series, we’ll be hosting our first group PvP event, a Valentine’s Day 2v2 Tournament! This tournament will not have any crazy rules or regulations besides the standard balancing rules, in order to maintain a focus on skillful play. We have lots of awesome prizes, generously provide by Kingsisle, so this isn’t a competition that you’ll want to miss! Furthermore, it’s a low-stakes way to get your feet in the door of PvP, so I’d love to see some new faces joining! But first, let’s go over the basic tournament info.
IMPORTANT: WHEN YOU SIGN UP, YOU (AND YOUR PARTNER) WILL RECEIVE A FRIEND REQUEST FROM DISCORD USER MATTHEW#9684. PLEASE KEEP YOUR FRIEND REQUESTS OPEN SO I CAN INVITE YOU TO THE SERVER.
The signups for our Valentine’s Day tournament will remain open until 11:59 PM Eastern time on Thursday, February 13th, at which point they will immediately be closed. Don’t be late!
You can sign up with a partner or as an individual. Please note that if you’re signing up with a partner only ONE of you should fill out the form for your entire team. If you sign up as an individual, you will be paired with other players who have signed up as individuals on a first come, first served basis.
When you go to sign up for your team, you will declare a single pirate for each member of the team. All pirates must be on the US server and be level 60+. There will be no switching pirates between rounds.
Teams are also subject to the following rules:
- Teams cannot have two pirates of the same class.
- Dual boxing is allowed, provided that you own both accounts (I know it violates the spirit of Valentine’s Day, but oh well)
- This should be obvious, but one individual can’t be part of multiple teams, regardless of how many accounts they own.
Tournament and Server Info
- The tournament will be a single-elimination, bracketed tournament and will start February 14th (signups remain open until the 13th at 11:59 PM eastern time).
- All rounds except for the finals, which are best of 3, will be best of 1.
- All participants will join Final Bastion’s tournament-exclusive Discord server in order to schedule their matches with their opponent. Within this server, participants are to be civil to one another and refrain from using inappropriate language. Breaking these rules are grounds for immediate disqualification. You will receive a Discord friend request from Matthew#9684 to invite you to the server.
- Also worth noting: this server is not a general gameplay server. While you’re welcome to chat with fellow participants, pinging everyone to ask for help farming for something or to do random pvp matches isn’t this server’s intent. There are lots of other wonderful places to get in-game help.
- Once the tournament starts, participants have 1 week to complete the matches for each round (however, you’re encouraged to work ahead if you can). However, if you cannot schedule a mutually acceptable time with your opponent’s team, let an organizer know and we can look into providing an extension.
- All matches will take place in the Spar Chamber.
- Your internet connection is your responsibility. Should both players disconnect simultaneously, however, (due to a server DDOS attack, for instance), the match will be restarted with no consequences to either player.
- If you have any conflicts during your match (an opponent breaking the rules, a game-altering glitch, etc.) it is your responsibility to provide concrete visual proof of these claims, preferably a screenshot or video recording. Only then can I force players to redo a match.
Each member on a placing team will receive the following prizes:
- First place: 10,000 Crowns, Care Hare Permanent Mount
- Second place: 5,000 Crowns, Care Hare Permanent Mount
- Third and Fourth place: 2,500 Crowns, Care Hare Permanent Mount
Players are subject to the following rules in all matches during the tournament. Breaking these rules may result in your disqualification. Remember that both players cannot have the same class of pirate! (update 2/1/20: added Nefarious Staff to ban list)
- All Doubloons are banned.
- Old Scratch is banned.
- The Spring and Fall Champion weapons are banned.
- All tiers of the Beastmaster Banner are banned.
- The Nefarious Staff is banned.
- The Imperial Robes of Moo Manchu are banned.
- Ghor is banned, due to his Eagle Eyes glitch.
- Overwatch 5 is banned.
- Firstmate’s Boon is banned.
- Blast of Discord is banned.
- Haywire Companions are legal, but note that Overwatch 5 cannot be given to them.
Best of luck, duelists! You can sign up here.