Empyrea Part 2:
Neumian Lion Guide
Here we go again: another cheating boss! This one looks gorgeous, as do his minions. You will have to face the Neumian Lion during the quest “Dude Looks like a Lion”.
The Neumian Lion is situated in the Southwest Aeroplains. He’s a Star school boss of rank 17 with ??? health. (What’s up with us not being able to see bosses’ health? Why do we have to guess?) In any case, to me it seems he has about 16,000 health. However, I’m not good with numbers, so do correct me on that! His minions are Fire school Meowls with 3,715 health each.
The Neumian Lion’s Cheats
Firstly, this boss’ cheats are very repetitive. On round one, he will cast six -50% Aegis (protected) Tower Shields on himself. In addition, he will cast an aura that does -50% damage on incoming hits.
Whatever you do in the battle (blade, trap, heal, attack) will lead to him growling and recasting the -50% damage aura. Over and over again. Tedious! Just so you see how annoying this is, let me reiterate:
- Healing will trigger the -50% damage aura
- Blading will trigger the -50% damage aura
- Traps will trigger the -50% damage aura
- Shatter will trigger the -50% damage aura
- Pet maycasts will trigger the -50% damage aura
The boss doesn’t have a large arsenal of spells. He has his personal attack, his cheats, can cast a protected Balanceblade and a couple of Star school versions of other schools’ spells, like Tempest and Wraith.
I guess it all depends on how much pierce and damage your hitter has and how confident or patient you are in the battle. I’m aware my style of fighting bosses isn’t usually very efficient, so I won’t be sharing my decks or giving you very detailed information. However, these basics should be enough to help you on your way!
- Shadow Shrike can be used to counter the -50% damage aura.
- The Tower Shields can be removed with a double Shatter. Have two members of your team cast Shatter, or one person who casts it twice. Use the TC if you don’t have a Myth wizard with you. Once the shields are gone, they’re gone: he doesn’t recast them.
- Supernova doesn’t do anything. Not that it would have been all that useful, seeing how insistent this Lion thing is on recasting his aura.
So, basically: just blade and feint like you would do against a normal boss, then a few rounds in have your hitter use Shrike and/or your support cast Shatter on the boss.
See our other Empyrea part 2 cheating boss guides here:
Good luck questing, wizards!