Crafting the Wyrd House
If you participated in the BOXES event, you might have admired the place where you freed Dworgyn from his aunts. And it might have brought to mind the Wyrd House, which you can craft yourself. It’s a fairly small house, with space for 250 items inside and 250 items outside. I think it’s absolutely gorgeous! So how about we take a look at where you can find the items you’ll need for crafting the house?
1. The recipe
You can buy the recipe from Padraig, The Furniture Vendor in Avalon, for 60 000 gold. Padraig is located on Abbey Road. You have to be at least level 15 to craft his house and you need to be a Master Artisan.
Master Artisan is the badge you get for completing the Dragonspyre crafting quest. Here’s some links to get you started:
- Our Crafting 101 Guide, for those of you just starting to get into crafting
- A list of links to other Crafting Guides on duelist101
- The Dragonspyre Crafting Quest Guide, if you need to get this badge still
I’d say that, when it comes to crafting houses in general, crafting the Wyrd house is not as difficult as you would think. Most of the items are fairly easy to come by. The most difficult ones are probably the Stone Blocks required for the Jars of Mushrooms and the Ancient Scrolls required for the Brick-Walled Ponds.
2. The ingredients
For this recipe, you will need to craft some other things first: two Cephalopod Obelisks, two Brick-Walled Ponds and two Jars of Mushrooms.
- The easy way: apparently these can be found in the Bazaar!
- The crowns way: buy Islander’s Hoard Packs until you get two obelisks.
- The crafty way: craft them with the recipe you can buy from Gearwise in Celestia Base Camp.
Cephalopod Obelisk crafting information
- 2 Precision Treasure Card: They’re amongst the Balance TCs in the Bazaar.
- 2 Perfect Ruby: Just buy them in the Bazaar, there’s plenty there. If you can’t find any, you can also buy them from the Reagent Vendors in Celestia, Zafaria, Avalon and Azteca.
- 2 Simple Vial: Available in the Bazaar. You can also buy them for Al Saf’wan in the Oasis in Krokotopia.
- 4 Sandstones: They’re fairly hard to get in the Bazaar, but ask any friend who gardens Evil Magma Peas and you have an easy source. Don’t have any friends that garden? You can transmute Stone Blocks into Sandstone. We have a guide about Stone Blocks here.
- 6 Fish Fins: Available in the Bazaar. If not, you can transmute it with the recipe from Celestia.
- 14 Aether: Not as rare anymore as it used to be! Check the Bazaar before you start worrying! You can transmute Aether from 15 Kelp. The recipe is sold by Avery Templeton in Celestia Base Camp.
- 26 Black Pearls: Pretty rare, I would say. It’s not that easy to get them from the Bazaar, though you might get lucky. You can transmute Black Pearl from Black Lotus. You can get the recipe from Toshio in Jade Palace, Mooshu or Kimba Kalla in The Floating Land, Celestia.
- The only way: crafting, I’m afraid. You can buy the recipe from Balthazar Dragonthorn in Atheneum, Dragonspyre.
Brick-Walled Pond crafting information
- 12 Storm Sharks Treasure Cards: Available in the Bazaar amongst the Storm TC.
- 2 Shadow Oil: Available in the Bazaar, but you’ll need to refresh a few times. These disappear really quickly. You can also buy them from any of the Reagent Vendors (except the Wizard City one). You only need two, so this shouldn’t be too big of a deal.
- 4 Glass Vial: Same story as with Shadow Oil: buying it from a Reagent Vendor is an easy way, the Bazaar might have you clicking refresh a few times. No big deal, since you need only 4.
- 168 Deep Mushroom: This reagent comes and goes in the Bazaar. When I checked, there were 300+ available, so this might be an easy one. If there’s none available, it’s pretty easy to collect them in the Wild in Avalon. There are quite a few spawning points, as you can see from this map.
- 56 Black Lotus: These are sold really quickly in the Bazaar. The easiest way would be to ask a friend that gardens Evil Magma Peas to sell them. You could, of course, just hang around and farm the Bazaar for a bit. Or if you’re feeling particularly active, you could go collect them.
- 40 Ancient Scrolls: Hmmm… This one isn’t that easy. I’ve always had enough of these, because they are a rare harvest of Parchment, which I seem to be picking up all the time. If you don’t have my talent for finding it, the Bazaar isn’t very good either. You could try transmuting Parchment to Ancient Scrolls, if you feel inclined to do so. The recipe is sold in the Oasis in Krokotopia and also in Celestia.
- 160 Spider Silk: There were 400 available in the Bazaar when I checked. If you need to transmute it, here‘s a handy image that shows the transmutations.
Jar of Mushrooms
- The only way: crafting! You can buy the recipe from Torald Wayfinder in Northguard, Grizzleheim.
Jar of Mushrooms crafting information
- 8 Spirit Armor Treasure Cards: Available in the Bazaar amongst the Life TC.
- 2 Amethysts: Available in the Bazaar (57 available when I checked). These are also sold by all the Reagent Vendors in the Spiral.
- 8 Shadow Oil: buying it from a Reagent Vendor is an easy way, while the Bazaar might have you clicking refresh a few times.
- 2 Glass Vials: Rarely available in the Bazaar, which this one time doesn’t mean they’re rare. People just don’t buy/sell them much. You can buy them from the Reagent Vendors in Marleybone and all higher worlds.
- 80 Stone Blocks: These are sold really quickly in the Bazaar. We have a guide about Stone Blocks here. I feel they’re easier to find in the Bazaar lately. Not sure if that’s just my imagination!
- 20 Nightshade: These can be transmuted from Deep Mushroom. Since you need to collect Deep Mushroom for the Brick-Walled Pons anyway, I would just collect Deep Mushroom a little longer and transmute them with the recipe sold by Wul’yahm (KR), Kimba Kalla (CL) or Avery Templeton (CL).
- 160 Spider Silk: There were 500 available in the Bazaar when I checked. If you need to transmute it, here‘s a handy image that shows the transmutations.
The hardest bit is done now! You have the 2 Brick-Walled Ponds, the 2 Jars of Mushrooms and the 2 Cephalopod Obelisks. Now you just need a few more reagents to craft your house. Here’s what else you will need:
- 6 Forest Lord Treasure Cards: Available in the Bazaar with the other Life TC.
- 4 Poison Treasure Cards: Available in the Bazaar with the other Death TC. I get these in ample supply from my Stinkweed garden.
- 10 Grendleweed: Fairly often available in the Bazaar. If you can’t find any, you can transmute Frost Flowers into Grendleweed with the recipe that’s available from Avery Templeton (Celestia Base Camp), Kimba Kalla (Floating Land, Celestia) and Torald Wayfinder (Northguard, Grizzleheim).
- 40 Mistwood: Fairly often available in the Bazaar. If not, these are found in the vicinity of trees all over the Spiral. I don’t have a specific spot that would be the best to farm. Do suggest something in the comments, if you know more than me!
- 1 Vine: This reagent is dropped by Cronus, Gladiator Dimachaerus and Hades in Aquila. You can also garden Deadly Helephant Ears, Fly Traps or Huckleberries to get your vine. Since we’re talking about one single Vine, I would just try to get it from Cronus or the Gladiator. However, this requires you being level 90 or higher.
You should have everything you need now! Time to head towards the Grizzleheim Crafting Station! No, you can’t craft this house in your dorm at a regular crafting table. Go to Grizzleheim and open your map to find the crafting station there.
… and you’re done!
I hope crafting the Wyrd house feels a little less daunting now!
Good luck with all your crafting adventures!