Final Bastion’s Spellmaker Guide
The Basics: Title, Accuracy, and Pip Cost
The first thing that we’re gonna do is give our spell a name. Click on the Spell Title box and type in your spell’s name or title. For Accuracy choose a number from 0 to 100. Rank can be any whole number from 0 to 14 or X.
If your spell is shadow-enhanced, you’ll also want to enable shadow pip cost in the bottom left corner. After that, you will be able to type your spell’s Shadow Pip cost into the Shad box. If you’re making an activity spells, you’ll need to click the target icon in the bottom left corner and then you can type into the Energy box.
School, Card, and Spell Type
Next, let’s choose our spell’s school! First, choose ICONS from the left menu. You can now choose a school by clicking on one of these 15 buttons:
The same goes for the spell type:
In case you want to change your spell’s card color (if it’s enchanted by Sun Enchantment spell for example), you can use these color buttons:
The first 11 buttons represent each school of magic (7 schools, shadow, and astral) while the other 5 stand for gardening, fishing, castle magic, item card and treasure card spells respectively.
Spell Description and Icons
Now it’s time to decide on what your spell will do. Choose ADD TEXT from the left menu, click on th Description box and type in your spell’s description. You can add any of the icons into the description by clicking on them. Each icon gets added at the end of your description, so use keyboard shortcuts (PC: Ctrl + X and Ctrl + V / MAC: Command + X and Command + V) to put everything in place, or simply add them as you type your spell.
Additionaly, you can add a Keyword to the description. These are purple words, that are primarily used in Beastmoon spells. Type your word into the Keyword field and click Add.
When selecting artwork, you can choose from the list of artworks or a custom artwork of your own choice in the ARTWORK menu tab. Artwork size can be adjusted with a slider located at the bottom of the Artwork panel. You can also change the artwork position using the arrow keys and flip / mirror your artwork with a mirror button.
If you want to add your own artwork:
- First Upload it to imgur.com
- Next right click on the image and click Open image in new tab
- Make sure the link starts like this: i.imgur.com/…
- Copy the whole link and paste it in the Image Link box
- Now click the upload button next to the box
If you want to restrict your spell’s use you can use one of the top buttons to make the spell either NO PVE – not allow the spell in Player VS Enemy duels, NO PVP – not allow the spell in Player VS Player duels, BANNED – not allow the spell anywhere or to make it NO RESHUFFLE if you don’t want your spell to be Reshuffle-able, the LEVEL LIMIT allows you to limit your spell by level. The shadow pip button enables and disables shadow pip on the card, the target button switches between displaying accuracy and energy on the spell and the CLOAK button enables or disables cloaked icon on your spell.
Another part of the SpellMaker is a Spell Balancer tool. This tool can help you make your spells more balanced according to already existing standards. You can read about spell balancing in this article and dev diary by Kingsisle. Please note that this tool isn’t 100% accurate – it’s only based off of current information!
First is a dropdrown box where you can choose the school of the spell. You can also select Heal and Drain which represent Life Heals and Death Drains. Next is pip cost (Pips) – anything between 0 and 14 and Shadow Pip Cost (Shad).
Additionaly there are four toggles which affect the final value:
- Area of effect or a spell that hits multiple targets, -25%
- Damage over time, spell that applies a DOT that hits or heals target for multiple rounds, +25%
- This button allows you to change the base DPP, when enabled the Shadow / Lore spell DPP is used instead of the normal one (see tables below)
- In case your spell does more than one thing, you can enable the Secondary Effect button
In case you enable the Secondary Effect button, two more boxes will appear:
- Effect cost is the actual cost of the pip cost of the secondary effect that you spell will do
- For example if your spell casts -25% negative damage charm, the effect cost will be 0 – since it’s the same value as the spell Weakness, if you choose Spirit Trap instead, the Effect cost will be 1 (note that you must input an integer, decimals will not be read properly)
- Tempo cost is usually 1, but spells like Rusalka’s Wrath where the effect may or may not occur has a lower Tempo cost. Rusalka has 0.3 (input non-whole numbers in as decimals rather than fractions)
The SpellMaker uses following DPP values shown in these two tables. First is the official DPP chart released in a dev diary by Kingsisle, the second one was researched and calculated for the SpellMaker using various sources (mostly the article mentioned above).
The calculated values will appear in the boxes below, first is the still value and second is the ranged value.
Range calculation example:0
Base dmg is 470, so 470- 40 = 430 and 470 + 40 = 510
These ranges apply only to most original non-shadow spells. The newly balanced spells (like Sirens) have different range.
With the version 1.5 the Spellmaker tool is now able to create spellement paths. First click on the SPELLEPATH icon on the left side menu. Now whenever there’s a blank fire card, you can just click on it and it will change to the current spell you’re able to see by pressing any other tab. You can reset the first Base Spell by clicking the following button:
Each spell tier can be changed with a dropdown box located above it
Choosing 0 will disable the current path. Remember that each time you change the number of spells in this dropdown, all the spells within that tier will reset. Here is an example of a spellement path you can create:
This concludes the guide for our SpellMaker tool. If you have any questions or found some inconsistencies make sure to let us know in the comments. We’re also working on adding some new features in the future! Here are three custom spell examples: Moon Strike, Dyvim’s Revenge and Star Blessing.
Issues and WIP
KNOWN ISSUES (REFRESH PAGE TO FIX)
- Holding arrow keys for too long will send your artwork flying
- Pasting incorrect artwork link will freeze the tool
WORK IN PROGRESS
- Armor piercing card enchant (e.g. Kiss Of Death)
- Curse spell lock icon
- Light blue item card (beastmoon)
- Cantrips card and icons (when they get added)
1 May 2022 - Version 2.0
- Tool resolution changed to 1280×720
- UI cleanup
- Icon tab was removed, moved to Text tab
- Cloak and level restriction icons are now available
- New description icons: self (new), trap (new), blade (new), afterlife, aura
- List of artworks was reworked again – it now contains rank 1-8 spells
- Random artwork button was removed
- Artworks can now be mirrored / flipped with a mirror button
- Keyword field is now available- you can now add purple keywords to spell description
- Text tooltip was removed from most buttons
19 Feb 2022 - Version 1.5
- Flat damage description icon has been added
- The artwork list has been remade and now features 45 different artworks
- Spellement path has been added
- Intro color background has been adjusted
- Text doubling bug has been fixed
23 Dec 2021 - Version 1.4
- Artwork position can now be adjusted with the arrow keys
- Added a slider that can adjust the artwork size
- Added the shadow pip description icon
- Fixed icon duplicates
- Artwork list is now sorted by original spell’s pip cost
- Additional 11 artworks added to the artworks list
16 Nov 2021 - Version 1.3.5
- Added new description icons
- New NOPVP and NOPVE icons added
25 Sep 2021 - Version 1.3
- New UI implemented
- Additional 11 artworks added to the artworks list
- Activity spells were added (fishing, gardening and castle magic)
23 Aug 2021 - Version 1.2
- Copying and pasting links now works properly
- Artworks list was added
22 Aug 2021 - Version 1.1
- Bug fixes
14 Aug 2021 - Version 1.0
Do you have any ideas how we could expand Final Bastion’s Spellmaker?
Comment down below!