Free Training Point Buy Back:
What to Use it for?
One of Kingsisle’s member benefits is the Free Training Point Buy Back. Members can buy their training points back for free with it. This isn’t the first time this member benefit has come around, and you may have already bought back things you accidentally bought last time it was here. So what’s the point of it? Why should you care this time around?
Well! We have something not everyone knows about yet that could benefit you! Especially if you are a Death wizard, this member benefit is a great opportunity. You could get your hands on a stash of Deadly Minotaur TCs without having to farm the Bazaar or garden for them!
The Archivist in Celestia sells 7 different Mutate Treasure Cards.
Why would you want these?
So what’s the connection with the free training point buy back, you say? Let’s go back to our example of a Death wizard. Necromancers love Deadly Minotaur because of its double hit. With it, you can ignore a shield and still get a decent hit in one round. However, gardening for Deadly Minotaur TCs is annoying and the Bazaar rarely sells them. Using the Mutate treasure card, you can make as many as you want! The only catch is that you have to have the Myth spell Minotaur trained.
Unfortunately, this is a problem for many people. Not everyone has enough training points for this, like in the case of a Magus or Grandmaster level wizard. With this member benefit, you can now buy back your points, train Minotaur, enchant a million Deadly Minotaur TC (or as many as you can stash in treasure card decks). Then simply buy back your training points once more, to train the things you will ACTUALLY use, like tower shield and infection. You will be left with a stash of Deadly Minotaurs that will hopefully last you until the next time this member benefit comes around.
You will need the following amount of training points to train each of these spells:
- Forsaken Banshee: train Banshee in the Death school for 4 training points (level 10 required)
- Mutate Swarm: train Locust Swarm in the Balance school for 4 training points (level 10 required)
- Midnight Sprite: train Sprite in the Life school for 4 training points (level 10 required)
- Inferno Kraken: train Kraken in the Storm school for 6 training points (level 22 required)
- Fire Wyvern: train Ice Wyvern in the Ice school for 6 training points (level 22 required)
- Thunderbird: train Phoenix in the Fire school for 8 training points (level 33 required)
- Deadly Minotaur: train Minotaur in the Myth school for 8 training points (level 33 required)
The Mutated Spells
Of these, I have personally have used Deadly Minotaur, Midnight Sprite and Forsaken Banshee on my Death. The buff the latter two leave can be very useful sometimes and they’re excellent shield breakers. Thunderbird is also very useful for Storm wizards!
- Be careful when buying your training points back after the rank reset if you have trained conviction! This spell requires you to be a Sergeant or higher, so if you’re still a private, you won’t have access to it until you rank up.
- You may want to screen shot your deck set-ups so you can rebuild them easily when you are done.
- All resulting treasure cards are no trade, so you will have to keep these on the wizard who will be using them. Be sure to buy extra decks with lots of treasure card space so you do not over flow your main treasure card inventory.
- There are also other mutate treasure cards available from the Bazaar. Especially useful is the Mutate Elf (storm) which will turn a fire elf into a storm version which can provide a storm wizard with a much needed DOT.
Let’s start hoarding those TCs, shall we!?