Spring 2019 Test Realm
This article’s purpose is to track down any remaining Monstrology bugs that are currently in the game and group them together. Unlike other articles, this one is aimed to provide constructive criticism for Kingsisle to be of assistance. Therefore, no negativity will be allowed in the comments section. Monstrologists in the Spiral have probably figured out by now that we can’t complete every section of the Monstrology Tome, and hopefully this will help in fixing that. I listed every single bug I ran into and also other ideas that could help improve each section of the tome. Please, don’t hesitate one bit to post your ideas and/or findings in the comments below in a respectful and constructive manner. I already posted a similar list in the Wizard101 Message Boards – Test Realm Section, but I wanted input from more wizards! This list is composed of both bugs that are already in live realm and those found new on test realm. Additionally, you’ll be pleased to know that most bugs reported here were already fixed!
- Creatures listed under incorrect sections
- Wrong statistics for creatures in the tome (incorrectly not/marked as a boss)
- One time creatures in the monstrology system
- Missing descriptions
- Creatures that should clearly give animus but don’t
- Rattlebones from Unicorn Way is incorrectly listed under Dungeons.
- Feckless Soul, Benighted Revenant, Burned Out Soul and Spirit of Ignorance should be listed under this section and not Dungeons.
- Maiden of Hate (Rank 4) description states that they haunt the Master Tower, but are actually in the Adept Tower.
- Tomb Lurker in Karanahn Barracks is a Spider but doesn’t give animus.
- Desert Golem in Palace of Fire is a Colossus but doesn’t give animus.
- Typhon Dustwind’s description doesn’t end with a “.”.
- Creatures that are possibly added in duplicate: Jade Oni, Death Oni, Plague Oni and War Oni.
- Sharpshard Warrior preview in the tome looks small along with many other graphically enhanced Colossi.
- Blackblade in the Tower Archives is not repeatable.
- Blackrock Guardian in Plaza of Conquests is not repeatable.
- Pirate Ravager’s description should say “plunderin’” but is misspelled as “pluderin’”.
- Aksil Blacktrunk doesn’t spawn again unless you have the quest.
- Idris Beast Taker is a non-repeatable boss.
- Jabberwock’s description doesn’t end with a “.”.
- Some of these non-repeatable creatures might be counting towards monstrology: Tlotzin Moon Thief, Huemac Spear Wreath, Tezomoc Stone Singer and Deathless Storm Horn.
- Azcal Fire Ant’s description should say “Their” but is misspelled as “They’re”.
- Tree Root (Death Elite) should say “A minion of Moros.” but is misspelled as “A minion or Moros” (and also didn’t end with a “.”).
- Tree Root (Life Elite) description doesn’t end with a “.”.
- None of the 4 Belloq Images (Fire, Ice, Storm and Myth) are registering in the monstrology tome, but they drop animus.
- Poison Oak in Sepidious is not included for monstrology.
- Grisletusk is a non repeatable creature. It might be included anyway.
- Creatures from the Tower of the Helephant are listed under Wysteria and Dungeons. They should just be transferred under the Wysteria section.
- Kumo Oni spider creature in the Midnight Sun Pagoda gauntlet is not included for monstrology in any tier (1-5).
- Creatures from one of the Tanglewood Terror tiers are missing from the monstrology tome, but they are still available to be obtained in game.
- A fifth version of the Forest Nymph minion creature might be introduced but is not included in game.
- Zoramei Helephant don’t exist in their tier 1 version in game. Kindly make sure they are not included to monstrology or are instead introduced to the game.
- Hitojini Deathcaster Tier 4 & 5 have the same descriptions.
Creatures from outside the Spiral…
Creatures that have been reported to be included in the Monstrology tome but are no where to be found in game for various reasons including retired creatures: Woebegone Wraith, Lorcan Initiate, Jaxon Lastrites, Furious Howler, Wildfire Treant (x5 different versions), Medicine Mode, Dead Rover, Zhalar Starcloud, Celestian Partisan, Celestian Defender, Vengeful Creeper, Shadow-Web Soldier, Unholy Wraith, Fire Demon. Reference is made to the following post.
If aware of any other monstrology bugs, please post a comment down below.
Did you find anything else that is not listed above?