Badge Busters: Krokotopia Badges
Welcome back to Badge Busters, ladies and gentlemen! Last time, we covered the very first world of the SpiralāWizard Cityāand went over the literal dozens of badges to be acquired there! This time, weāre heading over to the ruins of Krokotopia. Hope you donāt mind the sand, because this place has a total of 16 badges up for grabs!
For those of you who are new here, this is the second part of a series where I tackle the various badges in each world and discuss how to get them. For the first part on Wizard City’s badges, click here!
List of Krokotopia Badges
LIST OF KROKOTOPIA BADGES
- Krok Thrasher ā Defeat 50 Krokotopians
- Krok Hunter ā Defeat 100 Krokotopians
- Krok Slayer ā Defeat 200 Krokotopians
- Junior Archaeologist ā Complete all main and side quests in the Pyramid of the Sun
- Krokosphinx Delver ā Complete all main and side quests in the Krokosphinx
- Tomb Raider ā Complete all main and side quests in the Tomb of Storms (save for Tomb of the Beguiler)
- Order of the Fang ā Complete all main quests up to āBack to Balanceā
- Hero of Krokotopia ā Defeat Krokopatra
- Master of the Oasis ā Complete all main and side quests in Krokotopia
- Krokotopia Explorer ā Complete āFind the Beetlesā
- Secret Shopper ā Enter the Krokotopia Secret Shop 5 times
- Mander Savior ā Clear the Tomb of the Beguiler
- Spider Squisher ā Defeat 50 Spiders
- Web Cutter ā Defeat 100 Spiders
- Chitin Crusher ā Defeat 250 Spiders
- Spiderbane ā Defeat 500 Spiders
Main Quest Line Badges: 2/16
Completing Krokotopiaās main storyline will net you these two Krokotopia badges:
- Order of the Fang (Complete all main quests up to āBack to Balanceā)
- Hero of KrokotopiaĀ (Defeat Krokopatra)
Badges from Side Quests and Dungeons: 6/16
Alternatively, you can nab these six Krokotopia badges from completing side quests and dungeons:
- Junior Archaeologist*Ā (Complete all main and side quests in the Pyramid of the Sun)
- Krokosphinx DelverĀ (Complete all main and side quests in the Krokosphinx)
- Tomb RaiderĀ (Complete all main and side quests in the Tomb of Storms (excluding the Tomb of the Beguiler dungeon))
- Master of the Oasis**Ā (Complete all main and side quests in Krokotopia)
- Krokotopia ExplorerĀ (Complete “Find the Beetles”)
- Mander SaviorĀ (Clear the Tomb of the Beguiler dungeon)
Other Badges: 1/16
Now introducing the OtherĀ category! This category will be dedicated to badges that don’t really fall under any other category (such as travelling to certain places, completing certain tasks, etc.), so they will be relegated here.
Krokotopia only has one badge that falls under this category: Secret Shopper. You acquire this badge by entering the Krokotopia Secret Shop a total of five times. But where is this “secret shop,” I hear you asking? Allow me to show you how to get there…
Upon entering the Oasis, take a left into the shopping area. Make another left and you’ll find yourself face-to-face with a pair of obelisks and a teleporter.
See those little red circles on the obelisk? Every 10 minutes or so, one of those circles will light up. Once all five are lit, the tips of the obelisks will glow, opening up the teleporter. Step in and you’ll be whisked away to the secret shop!
Once you’re there, go into the shop and run around in it a bit. No purchases necessary! Exit, then repeat 4 more times. Do all this, and you should get the badge no problem!
Also, quick heads-up: If you’re a Conjurer, GO SEE THIS GUY. He is on the top of the secret shop, and he has a TON of free spells for you. You won’t get theĀ Master of MonstersĀ badge unless you do!
Enemy Smashers: 7/16
And, last but not least, everyoneās favorite kind of badge: the Enemy Smasher. Thankfully, Krokotopia has only two categories to hunt after in this regardāKrokotopians and Spiders. Thus, acquiring these wonāt be NEARLY as painful as the Badges in Wizard City.
Krok Thrasher (50 Krokotopians) -> Krok Slayer (200 Krokotopians):
Hey, wanna hear something interesting? Despite only showing Kroks on the badge icons, Manders (and a few Elementals, funny enough) count as Krokotopians too! Literally the first enemy you ever fight in Krokotopiaāthe Charmed SlaveĀ in the Royal Hallācounts as a Krokotopian. If you want easy pickings, theyāre your guy!
ā¦Or girl. I wonāt assume.
Spider Squisher (50 Spiders) -> Spiderbane (500 Spiders):
Spiders. Are. EVERYWHERE. No, seriously. You can find enemies that classify as Spiders scattered in almost every dusty corner of the Spiral; getting up to Web Cutter (100 Spiders) should be a cinch, and you probably wouldnāt have to go far out of your way to get Chitin Crusher (250 Spiders).
That being said, if you really wanna be a Spiderbane, Krokotopia has plenty of these creepy-crawlies to spare, but you’ll find a much more concentrated population of arachnids between theĀ Webwood CreepersĀ andĀ Webwood ScuttlersĀ in Grizzleheim’s Savarstaad Pass***. Happy squishing!
ENEMY SPOTLIGHT: AHNIC STRIDER
This part’s shoutout goes to theĀ Ahnic Strider, a common enemy patrolling the halls of the Ahnic Family Tomb in the Tomb of Storms. While these guys may be a bit tougher than Charmed Slaves, they count as both Krokotopian and Undead; if you want to double-dip for both the Krokotopian and Undead Enemy Smashers, these ghostly gators have got you covered!
(Yes I know they’re crocodiles not alligators I just wanted to do the alliteration okay)
* Don’t worry, you’ll get to be a full-fledged archaeologist eventually… and when I say eventually, I mean WAY, way later. š
** Something I really like about the Master of the Oasis badge is that itās kind of a culmination of the three badges that came before it, those being Junior Archaeologist, Krokosphinx Delver, and Tomb Raider. Weāll be seeing more of these kinds of badges in the future.
*** Technically speaking, the area the Webwood Scuttlers and Creepers are in is called theĀ Webwood. For simplicity’s sake, however, I’m referring to the area as Savarstaad Pass, as Webwood is just a part of the larger whole.
And with that, another episode of Badge Busters is concluded! Join us next time as we venture into Marleybone!